Welcome to our journey. The purpose of my blog is not only to journal our life experience, but also to share what God is doing in our lives. I do not claim to be an expert in parenting, marriage, or even the Bible. But I do have a heart to share my experiences and the true love that God has for each and every one of us. You can read our testimony by clicking on the top of the page. And if you'd like to know about the Homeless Ministry my husband started, you can click on the Homeless tab. I hope you will comment freely on my posts and in my community.



Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Wish for My Children

Actually it should say My PRAYER for my children. 

I came upon this song while putting together a video for Mackenzie's cheer season. While this song didn't really fit with that video, it did fit my feelings for Mackenzie. (Actually this is my prayer for all my children).

As a mom, my heart aches for the hurt that my children go through. I wish I could spare them from some of it. Although I know that some of the trials are what will shape their character. It will get them ready for their adult life. One thing that really hit me in this song is that when you're faced with a choice and you have to choose that you choose the one that means the most to you. A step further than that is to choose the path the Lord has laid out for you. Others will come against you when you're trying to follow your heart and the Lord. Not all things are good for us. But when it is...I hope that you make the choice that means the most to you. I pray that you don't let someone else's opinion or thoughts stop you from following your heart and passion. 

My wish for you is that you continue to dream big! Continue to LOVE others with your whole heart. Not only those who are close to you but those who are difficult to love. Always take the time to help others, especially when it's inconvenient. Always take the time to listen to a friend who's hurting. Always take time to laugh.

Know how much you are loved! Remember...Jesus died just for you! Know that no matter what you do, it will never change how much I love you! It will never change how much God loves you either. When you make a mistake (and there will be many) learn from it, change from it, except God's grace and move on. When others hurt you, forgive them and move on. Love well.

My prayer for you is that you will seek the Lord with all your heart! His yoke is easy and his burden light. 

Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

Here's the song:




I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment